Waterbury Accident Law Firm
With over 70 years of combined experience, the Waterbury accident law firm of Hastings, Cohan, and Walsh, LLP, have recovered millions on behalf of our clients. We are passionate about helping injury victims and their families. Our firm has 10 Connecticut offices, and connections with some of the best attorneys throughout the US. We strive to meet the highest standards of conduct and service in our personal and professional lives.
Examples of Our Successes
When you have been injured in an accident and are considering pursuing a lawsuit, you do not want to invest your time and effort without feeling confident that it will be worth your while. You need a law firm with a documented history of success. The Waterbury accident attorneys of Hastings, Cohan, and Walsh, LLP, take on accident lawsuits that present tough legal challenges, and we do not back down.
Examples of verdicts and settlements we have secured for our clients include:
- $600,000 – Motorcycle Drag Racing Accident: Client was hit from behind by another racer coming out of the staging area which resulted in a broken leg. We were able to recover on behalf of the client even though the client signed a waiver and release form.
- $500,000 – Motor vehicle accident: high school student sustained a broken wrist and broken leg which necessitated the installation of surgical hardware.
- $500,000 – Underinsured Motorist: Client sustained traumatic brain injury as a passenger in a motor vehicle accident. $100,000 was recovered from the responsible party. $400,000 was recovered from the client’s insurance company even though the insurance company was claiming that only $250,000 of the client’s $400,000 was available. This claim involved unfair trade and insurance practices on the part of our client’s insurance company.
- $500,000 – Loss of Parental Consortium: recovered on behalf of the children of a husband and wife who were injured in a motor vehicle accident which put them both in a nursing home.
- $400,000 – Wrongful Death: Child killed by family member while walking behind the car.
- $375,000 – Underinsured Motorist: Client hit head on by underinsured driver and sustained a broken left foot, broken ribs and scars, among the issues we raised were unfair trade and insurance practices.
- $270,000 – Motor Vehicle Accident: Client was a passenger in a motor vehicle that flipped over, resulting in lacerations to her hand fractures to her fingers.
- $150,000 – Pedestrian Hit by Car: 72 year old woman struck by a car that was turning out of a driveway. She sustained a fractured left wrist and contusions to her knee. The insurance company claimed contributory negligence on the part of our client.
- $150,000 – Slip and Fall: Client fell on snow and ice in a parking lot and sustained a broken leg. The insurance company claimed contributory negligence on the part of our client.
- $100,000 – Motor Vehicle Accident: Client was a passenger who sustained a broken leg in an auto accident. The client and the driver were intoxicated at the time, and the insurance company claimed that our client assumed the risk by riding with an intoxicated driver.
- $100,000 – Motorcycle Accident: Client collided with barrier sustaining shoulder and leg injuries.
If you have been injured in an accident, in Waterbury or anywhere in Connecticut, please call the Waterbury accident law firm of Hastings, Cohan, and Walsh, LLP, at (888) 244-5480. Your initial consultation with our accident attorney is free and we will represent you in your accident lawsuit on a contingent fee basis. Please call or contact us online right away to ensure that you do not waive your right to possible compensation.